Re: SPDY and the HTTP Binding

The most recent output, copy/pasted is:

"Delta-coding took: 0.642199 seconds for: 104300 header frames or
6.15723e-06 per header or 162411 headers/sec or 8.88429e+07 bytes/sec"

So, ~89 million bytes/second and 162k requests/second for the delta-coding
on one core. Given that most machines have more than once core, this
performance seems pretty reasonable to me, especially given that it is not
really been optimized. I'd hope that bandwidth was predominantly
entity-bodies and not headers, and so the bandwidth doesn't seem
problematic to me either.

The input data for this was a 1000 iterations over the following har files
representing full page loads:

mail.google.com.har pinterest.com-bicycle-search.har
pinterest.com-homepage.har www.amazon.com-bicycle-search.har
www.amazon.com-homepage.har www.bing.com-bicycle-search.har
www.bing.com.har www.cnn.com-homepage.har www.facebook.com-homepage.har
www.google.com-bicycle-image-search.har www.google.com-bicycle-search.har
www.google.com-homepage.har

I'd prefer to have more comprehensive test data, but this is a decent start.

-=R