Re: Content-Length and 304

My experience has always been that the C-L on a 304 represents the length of the response had it been whole, and I see that as just a clarification of current practice.

However, I agree that the SHOULD is too strong here, as it makes several existing implementations non-conformant.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/