Re: Status Line Syntax production/parsing

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:09:53 -0400
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Bjoern,

Le 28 août 2012 à 14:47, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> If you are asking about something like
>
>  HTTP/1.1<sp>200<crlf>
>
> Without the <sp> after the status code, then no, that is not fine.

Yes, that was my reading too. Thanks for confirming.
I was wondering if it was intentional, because a meaningful trailing space is likely to create interoperability issues. Though I have nothing to backup that. It might not be a concern at all.

Basically I would have proposed something such as

    status-line = HTTP-version SP status-code (CRLF|SP reason-phrase CRLF)

so handling the case with no trailing space.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software