Re: Optimizations vs Functionality vs Architecture

I've just been going back through all this... and I will be the first to
admit that my low level TCP Kung Foo is a bit rusty and I'm just pulling
this off the top of my head... but... could we not leverage the Options
field in the TCP ACK Headers for protocol version notification? Yes, I know
that there are very few stacks that actually surface that information up to
the higher levels, but it's there, it's extensible, and it allows us to
leverage an already existing RTT. Specifically... If an endpont supports
2.0 on a connection, it would include a specific Option in it's TCP SYN_ACK.

- James