Re: Some general SPDY feedback / questions

------ Original Message ------
From: "James M Snell" <jasnell@gmail.com>
>What exactly is your worry?
>My general concern about it deals more with application handling of
>the response than with anything else... it would be good to apply some
>rules... for instance...
>1. An updated :status header MUST ONLY be sent if the initial
>SYN_REPLY :status header is a 1xx response code,
>2. No more than one 1xx response code can be sent per response,
this contravenes 2616 which explicitly states that any number may be
sent, and must be handled appropriately.

>3. Once a non 1xx :status has been sent, it is a protocol error to
>send any additional :status headers,
this is a semantic change.   We actually now use multiple 1xx for
status updates in the lab.  I don't know if there are other uses, but
there are legitimate use-cases for it.

If 2.0 can support some other OOB notification mechanism, then all well
and good.

Adrien