Re: Some general SPDY feedback / questions

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 15:58:34 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
cc: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
In message <E67EC141-85D9-4F64-920F-9F3EAB251DC7@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham wri
tes:

>I'd characterise expect/continue as being on the lighter borders of a
>grey area; it is used, but it does cause interop problems.
>[...]
>I'd be interested to hear comments from others, of course.

Expect/continue should not be allowed in HTTP/2.0, it is a transport
flow-control mechanism and it does not work.

My strawman for how to do it in HTTP/2.0:

The client can have no more than one TCP connection with six
outstanding requests, each with no more than 8KB of headers+body
in total, until the server sends an explicit message increasing its
allowance, either in stand-alone message if we have a control
channel, or as part of a response.

All numbers are examples subject to improvement.