Re: Privacy and its costs (was: Re: Mandatory encryption)

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:12:50 +1000
To: Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 7 August 2012 03:32, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com> wrote:
> I don't want to restate things over and over, so I'll be brief.

ditto

>> I don't understand the benefit of encrypting traffic to/from a public
>> blog site?    There is no privacy obtained by doing so.

Reading that again, I see I chose my words badly.       I'm not trying
to speak for or against encrypting (and agree that there is likely a
natural evolution towards it just as there was will cell phone).
I'm just saying that encryption does not provide privacy.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
http://www.webtide.com