Re: Semantics of HTTPS

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 17:59:34 -0400
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>

Le 6 août 2012 à 17:41, Willy Tarreau a écrit :
> I'm not advocating MITM, quite the opposite : I'm advocating valid use of proxies via opt-in to put an end to MITM.

* I can understand the why for proposing a validation of this usage.

* I can also see why many businesses will start to propose this as the default feature for users without a real choice for them.

There are plenty of EULA already that users sign-up without reading because the « power » is on the side of the service. I'm not sure it is a good idea to push further in that direction without proposing a real secure end to end mechanism in the platform.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software