Re: Moving forward with HTTP/2.0: proposed charter

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:12:44 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Does taking SPDY as a base imply that what we'll be doing is a delta
spec to HTTP/1.1, essentially adding one new TCP binding /
serialization, and potentially some new options?

In that case I believe we should plan to maintain the HTTP/1.1 specs;
both incorporating fixes for errata, and also doing editorial
improvements so that the existing bits integrate well with the new stuff.

That would mean that we revise HTTPbis in parallel, and submit it for
Full Standard at the same time the HTTP/2.0 go to Proposed.

Best regards, Julian