Re: Content security model

Yes, in a web service context the two are independent.

* Header confidentiality is a major concern in many instances, ==> TLS
is a requirement
* Integrity and encryption need to flow across intermediaries, ==>
HTTP security is a requirement

TLS is inherently limited to two party conversations (OK you could
possibly force it to do multicast).

Web Services transactions are frequently of the type, A hands data
onto B who looks at it and decides whether to forward it to C or D
which may be immediate or after a delay. TLS is just not the right
tool to achieve that requirement although it would probably be used on
each of the A-B, B-C, C-D links.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/