Re: usability of 100-continue, was: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 08:05:32PM -0500, Zhong Yu wrote:
> "The server does not want the request body" has no logical implication
> that "the server does not want the request". We shouldn't dictate what
> the server must do here. It can do whatever it wants to with the
> request, and what it actually did is reflected in the final response.

I don't think this is appropriate, because it will imply that the client
must send the correct body then, just in case the server decides to use
it.

If the client uses chunked encoding, it can very well send a 0CRLF as
soon as it receives the 4xx, which will truncate the body. Similarly,
a client using content-length might prefer sending zeroes because it's
easier for it than transfering correct data.

Willy