Discussing Client Sessions

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:17:53 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
There's been a lot of discussion about client-initiated session identifiers on list lately.

This is interesting, and perhaps important work, but it's squarely outside of our *current* scope of work.

I'd encourage the folks who are interested in it to work on a proposal (or three) in the form of Internet-Drafts; we can then spend some time discussing them, before figuring out what to do about it. As it is, the on-list discussion is getting somewhat circular.

Thanks,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/