Re: usability of 100-continue, was: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

I wish that POST actually meant "here is something that changes state" and
GET meant "nope,  of changing any state", but both are lies today as far as
I can tell.

POST generally means : here is  form input or here is a file, which
sometimes changes state and sometimes doesn't.

I believe this failure to be the result of not exposing rich enough (and
fully HTTP) semantics to the browser JavaScript and thus having forced the
web application writers to make do with what they had.

I believe at this point that we should probably amend the spec to state the
common practice as a warning to anyone who makes assumptions about
idempotency.

Bleh.

-=R