Re: Our old friends, weak ETags

In message <7C4B2D6A-4847-49ED-A6E1-1DA8CF672A00@tzi.org>, Carsten Bormann writ
es:
>On Jul 20, 2012, at 09:25, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> binary
>
>See also RFC 5905 section 6.

Yes.

Although I think going full NTP is overkill, in particular because
timestamps tend to have very high entropy in the lower bits.

I think chosing a 16bit fraction will last us 20 years, but more
importantly, expanding a 16bit fraction to 32bits is just a matter
of stick on more bits, whereas a 16bit count of milliseconds is
a nightmare to extend.