Re: Mandatory encryption

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:08:04 +0000
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@gmail.com>, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>, grahame@healthintersections.com.au, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
In message <20120719093901.GB16208@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:

>TLS is a valid transport [...]

Am I the only one who think we should be able to mix protected
and unprotected transactions on the same TCP stream ?

I really don't see why the user should have to open a new connection
just because they want to log into a site, and it would allow
proxies, gateways and routers to use fewer connections more
efficiently.

(Of course, this largely depends on my proposal for an always
unprotected envelope, but I think I already "sold" that ?)