Re: Mandatory encryption

-1

I don't want to have a mandatory requirement unless it is going to
change behavior.

We already have ubiquitous deployment of TLS in browsers. The code is
freely available, everyone knows the benefit.

The only HTTP servers or clients I am aware of that don't have TLS
support are either toolsets that the provider expects to be used with
OpenSSL or the like and embedded systems.

Incidentally, suport for IPSEC is mandatory in IPv6 but that does not
seem to do any good either. It just means that IPv6 is harder to
deploy as implementations are required to support a security layer
almost nobody uses as TLS has proved better.

Making TLS a mandatory requirement seems like a feelgood approach to
security to me. Instead of doing something useful, we pass a
resolution telling people to do what they plan to do anyway.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/