Re: Introducing a Session header...

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:14:08 +1000
Cc: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
James et al,

Just a reminder: We're not here to re-define the semantics of HTTP; our current charter is about how it goes across the wire. We can talk about HTTP semantics on this list (and often do), but let's not get confused about the scope of the current discussion.

I know that it's tempting to say "we're doing HTTP/2, let's throw this in...", but if we start doing that, we're never going to finish. Let's stay focused. Replacing Cookies is NOT a small task.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/