Re: Minimizing/avoiding User-Agent, was: SPDY Header Frames

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:08:17 -0700
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
+1... I was getting ready to respond to Julian's post with a "+1 YEAH!" but
then stopped and thought about it... using a URI, while potentially sound
in theory, would likely just end up with a different form of the same mess
we're in now. Reducing the User-Agent field to nothing more than a single
token with a version identifier seems to me to be the Least Bad Option.

- James