Re: Minimizing/avoiding User-Agent, was: SPDY Header Frames

Not sure what WAP's strategy for this is but, off the top of my head, given
how User-Agent's are currently used (and abuse), one approach may be to
redefine User-Agent to limit it to a single product token and version, and
define a new Capabilities header whose value is a list of meaningful tokens
that identify stuff the user-agent is able to support.

  Capabilities: u, mobile, something-else

Using the revised header structure I've suggested, it would be something
like...

This definitely won't stop folks from lying about their user agents, but by
providing a clear location for "capabilities", perhaps we can stem many of
the ugly hacks that user-agent strings are currently used for.

- James