Re: HTTP/2 Expression of luke-warm interest: Varnish

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:54:11 +0300
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
CC: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Jul 16, 2012, at 10:08 AM, James M Snell wrote:

I would definitely have to +1 on this... My personal view of SPDY is that it serves as an excellent place to at least start experimenting with various options, testing ideas, getting our collective heads around what types of things we could and should do before we define the actual solution -- which may or may not look anything like SPDY in the end.

I also agree with this. However, by the time we experiment with various options, half the web browsers and a good portion of the web (Google+facebook+several others >10%) will be running SPDY, making it the de-facto next-generation HTTP

Yoav