Re: SPDY Header Frames

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 15/07/2012 10:05 a.m., HAYASHI, Tatsuya wrote:
>>
>> Dear Willy,
>>
>> Response inline.

>>> I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>> Sorry.
>> "HTTP/2.0" are the marks of a big change for me.
>> Probably it is the same also for many Web programmers.
>> For example, big change excited like "Waka".
>> I had imagined "Version Number" such.
>> So, My "replaced" was putting it.
>> In this short time, I think that it is difficult.
>

> "Big change", but in what way? ....
>
> If the next protocol were to be called HTTP/1.2 we would be forced to:
> - use plain text lines limited toASCII charset ending in CRLF
> - use full-name headers in human readable format
> - support all the human-readable date formats, mime type formats, options
> names etc.
> - use strict one request message followed by one response body stateless
> sequence
>
> In short, we would be forced to NOT fix any of the real performance problems
> visible in HTTP/1.

Sure. I agree.

I think that these parts were the power of HTTP.
And I understand that it is a part of problem of the now and the future.
I am interested in these two balance.

> "2.0" is a BIG change for the incoming stream parsers and outgoing byte
> packers. Flow control, input validation, messaging and potential future
> extensions are also affected in a big way. With just binary framing change,
> no new features, no new headers, no new anything else but framing.

Are these already determination?
If I become so, I will think that I am glad.
I thought that I was discussion for determination.
(Please put me right if I make a mistake...)

> Hopefully the result will be a BIG change towards simplicity. But only time
> will tell about that.

I hope too.

Thanks.
Sincerely,