Re: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

On 16.07.2012 05:05, Roberto Peon wrote:
> Note that, if ever one will wish to implement server push or anything
> similar, there are ordering requirements that must be placed on at
> least
> the content delivery of the requested resource and its associated
> metadata.
>
> It is all cost/benefit tradeoffs, all the way down. :)

Aye, we left this out of the network-friendly draft -00 due to being
undecided and push discussions being up in the air.

But after reading the other proposals (WebSockets RFC and Montenegro
draft specifically) I have come up with a nice way within the
network-friendly framing syntax to perform user sessions and server-push
*without* baking either of those features into the transport frame
syntax directly. This meets the gateway to HTTP/1 requirements fror
immediate implementation rollouts and allows those features to be easily
added as extensions once we have more migration away from HTTP/1.
  In a similar way to how we have the messaging design and layout in the
current HTTPbis drafts, with Ranges, Auth and Caching as separate
followup drafts/sections.

AYJ