Re: HTTP2 Expression of Interest

TLS is not an appropriate security solution for the content delivery
people. No question about that.

But they do have security concerns and they could benefit from the
right security solution, one that allows them to use pre-baked crypto.
IE a message layer security solution rather than a transport layer
solution.

Let us imagine that Viacom stores all their movie content in encrypted
and authenticated form. When someone wants to watch one they pull the
encrypted bits from the server, wrap the relevant key so that the
intended recipient can read them and ship them out to the user.

This allows Viacom to protect their intellectual property with almost
no performance impact.

If all we needed for this was the content layer piece it would be a
no-brainer. message level encryption is just another encoding. We
already have a PKI for TLS to provide public keys. The devil comes in
the key exchange to join the two together.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/