Re: Content-Integrity header

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 22:37:47 -0400
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I was just looking at the spec to make sure it was still in.

Specifying digest and MAC values is exactly what I intended the
trailer in chunked encoding to be used for.

       Chunked-Body   = *chunk
                        last-chunk
                        trailer
                        CRLF
       chunk          = chunk-size [ chunk-extension ] CRLF
                        chunk-data CRLF
       chunk-size     = 1*HEX
       last-chunk     = 1*("0") [ chunk-extension ] CRLF
       chunk-extension= *( ";" chunk-ext-name [ "=" chunk-ext-val ] )
       chunk-ext-name = token
       chunk-ext-val  = token | quoted-string
       chunk-data     = chunk-size(OCTET)
       trailer        = *(entity-header CRLF)

So given that we have Digest: defined as a header, should we try to
work from that or add in a separate header for MAC?

I prefer the second given where we are.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/