Re: Call for Expressions of Interest in Proposals for HTTP/2.0 and New HTTP Authentication Schemes

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:31:39 +0200
To: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2012-07-03 14:18, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Rather than reinventing extra framing atop of TCP, the use of SCTP for
> multiple concurrent HTTP streams should be considered. I wouldn't let
> "SCTP is not deployed" count as an argument. IPv6 was/is not deployed
> either (depending on who you ask). New protocols hardly ever are.

Please see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012AprJun/0343.html>
and <http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/charter/> -- if you want to
make a concrete proposal, you should write it down in the form of an
internet draft. Also note HTTP-over-SCTP has been considered before, so
you may be able to start from one of the existing proposals.

Best regards, Julian