Re: Make HTTP 2.0 message/transport format agnostic

From: Adrien W. de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:53:16 +0000
To: "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>, "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>, "Kevin Cathcart" <kevincathcart@gmail.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

p.s.

I wasn't for a second suggesting we should actually _use_ ASN.1 or any
of its encodings.

It's just the only other system I know of which uses an abstract
notation, and has numerous transfer encodings, so I wondered if any
people knew whether that turned out to just be a waste of time because
everyone just ended up using one of them.