Re: Make HTTP 2.0 message/transport format agnostic

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 5:08 AM, tom <zs68j2ee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Separate HTTP message format and under-hood transport as two specs should
> earn expansibility and portability.

The SPDY Spec is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbelshe-httpbis-spdy-00

>From the spec:
    Section 2: SPDY Framing
Layer<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbelshe-httpbis-spdy-00#section-2>
    Section 3: HTTP Layering over
SPDY<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbelshe-httpbis-spdy-00#section-3>

The reason we didn't separate them so far is because we didn't have any
alternate messaging layers in mind.  Further, it wasn't a goal to make the
framing layer generic.  That could be done.  I'm personally not a supporter
of designing for things you don't know, which is why I vote to keep them
together.  If someone has a specific purpose in mind for the framing layer,
we could talk about this.

But hopefully the current separation allows you to accomplish what you want
until we have some other specific purpose in mind.

Mike