Re: The TLS hammer and resource integrity

------ Original Message ------
From: "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net>

>So your argument is stronger, since you argue that a lot of computers are malware
>infested. Of course there the thing to do is for banks to add other methods of
>verification or notification,

you're right on this count.  One of my banks used to rely just on
SSL/TLS.

Now I have to carry a watch-word around... in fact 3 of them for my 3
banks.

Are you suggesting websites should all start issuing physical security
devices so that people can enjoy their site with REAL security

or are you happy with the illusion.

Maybe a better metaphor would have been the Matrix.

We're not looking for blue pills here.

>>We'll just lower the overall security by applying the same security
>>enforcement to all sites. Connecting to your bank or to you WiFi
>>router's admin page will look equally safe.
>>

>Ah it is the "look" of security that is worrying you? Going to a bank should
>"look" more secure that your router's admin page? But your router admin page
>should be just as secure as the bank if possible, since that is another vector
>of attack.

he meant the opposite.  We're not interested in something masquerading
as security.  If we're going to place the cost on the world, it needs
to provide actual security.