Re: SPDY = HTTP/2.0 or not ?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:24:49 +0000
To: Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
cc: Brian Pane <brianp@brianp.net>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
In message <CABaLYCtg4iH=KYqJ+fpO2H0vNdJWppTW2kNx34m6Eu58VxtvFA@mail.gmail.com>
, Mike Belshe writes:

>Google, Twitter, Amazon and others have *already* deployed SPDY,

I think we can fairly and squarely say that those three named examples
are more than 5 sigma out from the average web-server.

>These deployments are clear evidence that
>there is demand.

I don't doubt there is _demand_, but that demand is not a mandate nor
does it justify an edict.

I fully think SPDY should be standardized, but I don't think it should
be named HTTP/2.0.

>How much global legislation about liability for accidentally leaked
>information do you need before you'll believe that we have a responsibility
>here?

We have a responsibility to deliver good tools, we have no mandate to
enforce (our pet) policy.