Re: SPDY = HTTP/2.0 or not ?

In message <4F6EFF75.2070101@stpeter.im>, Peter Saint-Andre writes:

>>> If we see SPDY as a transport layer only yes; if we consider it
>>> HTTP/2.0; maybe not.
>>
>> Ok, can we just settle this once and for all ?
>
>That's the point of the recent recharter to the HTTPBIS WG:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/charter/
>
>Specifically, if people have proposals, encourage them to write
>Internet-Drafts. :)

I think we have a disconnect here Peter.

The charter does not make it clear if HTTP/2.0 will be single or
multiple protocol and that decision should be made before people
start spending serious time on proposals.

If it is multiprotocol, there is a "market" for special purpose
transport protocols, such as HTTP over UDP.

If it is single protocol, there is only a market for a single
protocol, general enough to satisfy the widest possible range of
users.

We need to give people that guidance, so they know what they
are writing a protocol for.

So what is it ?  single or multi ?