Re: http+aes

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:55:07 +0100, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> So you mean that it's the *real* decryption key which is passed in
> userinfo? It appeared obvious to me that it was just an identifier for a
> key that the client had fetched somewhere else (eg: on the same site via
> https or at least without passing via the CDN). If the real key is
> passed in the response, then I fail to get the use case since your CDN
> gets the key as well :-/

How? A resource on server S links to a resource on CDN C using http+aes.
C's resource is encrypted. C does not know the key. The key is hosted on
S's resource as part of the http+aes link. When the user agent fetches C's
resource it does not include the key, but decrypts it as data comes in. So
C never knows anything about the bits it is hosting, S and the user agent
do.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/