Re: Registry policies

my vote would be for deprecation of the concept of extensions for the
range header.  Unless we are going to allow extension for
Content-Length, we shouldn't allow it for Range.

e.g remove other-range-unit from the BNF.

Systems that want to request parts of things that aren't specified by
bytes can do that some other way.  Absolutely no need to overload
Range.  Otherwise a cache has an impossible job.

Adrien

WinGate 7 is released! - http://www.wingate.com/getlatest/