tis 2012-02-21 klockan 19:50 +0100 skrev Julian Reschke:
> Well, we have an existing authentication framework. It would be
> interesting to find out what's missing from it.

My take is better secure authentication schemes (not plaintext password
based) which is cleanly specified to a level that implementations
actually interop properly, and the ability for site owners (and proxies)
to influence how the login process is presented to users in a safe
manner that do not collide with preceived https security or makes a mess
for matchine<->machine communication not involving humans.

The existing HTTP auth framework works in general very well for
machine<->machine.

This said I have used HTTP Digest authentication quite successfully (but
with a number of interop workarounds) with non-tech users using the
default login box, only providing a good error response message seen if
the user cacels of fails the login.

Regards
Henrik