Re: Confusion in preconditions

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:59:31 -0700
To: Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com>
Cc: Sebastien Lambla <seb@serialseb.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Zhong Yu wrote:

> One must wonder, the problem of conditionals appears to be very easy.
> We can have a simple model and a simple procedure, that succinctly and
> precisely defines behaviors in any scenario.

I've suggested changing the document order around and trimming the
wording down, this also seems like issue 241:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/241

> Why does the spec instead "beat around the bush", going very
> roundabout ways, only setting some constraints on some scenarios? Are
> readers supposed to solve the riddles to learn the underlying model?

Nonetheless, I didn't find it all that hard to write working code, and
I'm not much of a coder.  Coming up with alternate spec language is
harder.

-Eric