Re: obs-fold

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:09:12 +0100
To: Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com>
Cc: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
* Zhong Yu wrote:
>p1 section 3.2.1.
>
>   HTTP senders MUST NOT produce messages that include
>   line folding (i.e., that contain any #field-content# that matches the
>   obs-fold rule)
>
>shouldn't that be
>
>   HTTP senders MUST NOT produce messages that include
>   line folding (i.e., that contain any #header-field# that matches the
>   obs-fold rule)
>
>instead?
>
>     OWS            = *( SP / HTAB / obs-fold )
>     BWS            = OWS
>
>     header-field   = field-name ":" OWS field-value BWS
>     field-name     = token
>     field-value    = *( field-content / obs-fold )
>     field-content  = *( HTAB / SP / VCHAR / obs-text )

I looked at this earlier, but tools.ietf.org is down for me currently. I
take it this is about obs-fold in the OWS preceding field-value? I do a-
gree there is something not right here, but I am unsure if this is about
the grammar or the "any ... that matches", the latter for instance could
mean "an abstract syntax tree generated from the formal grammar where
one of the nodes is..." versus "a whole <production> that matches ...".