Re: HTTbis spec size, was: Rechartering HTTPbis

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:37:45 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <4F23D9BD.8030708@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes:
>On 2012-01-28 12:07, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>HTTP == "Hypertext *Transfer* Protocol".

TRANSFER transitive verb
   1 a: to convey from one person, place, or situation to another: move, shift
     b: to cause to pass from one to another: transmit, transport
     [...]

>See above. It would be only about transport we wouldn't have things like
>DELETE, PATCH, nor status codes like 307.

Those are all things being transported, just like GET, PUT and 200
are and they are no different from a transport point of view, should
not be treated any different from a transport point of view, and
their interpretation and semantics should be standardized separately
from the transport, just like GET, PUT and 200.