Re: HTTbis spec size, was: Rechartering HTTPbis

On 2012-01-28 09:41, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> I just checked, and not counting change logs, collected ABNFs etc, we
>> went from ~180 to ~250.
>
> 	"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
> 	add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
> 		-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

And then, quoting selectively is another matter :-)

"That includes stuff we adopted from other specs (RFC 2616, RFC 2817),
new registries, examples, etc.

As far as I can tell, the actual amount of prose per protocol feature
actually went down."

If you feel that any of what was added isn't needed then please follow up.

Best regards, Julian