Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

> On 2012-01-24 04:55, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>
> Please add...
>
> - Revise Parts 1 through 7 for publication as Internet Standard
>
> This should be mainly fixing problems found past publication, plus adjustments we make to better integrate whatever new we come up with.

My current thinking is that we'd re-charter separately for that.

> Re HTTP/next: it would be good to collect a list of things we think we should make progress on; not surprisingly, I'd nominate I18N for header field values.

So, that's an interesting question.

If we want HTTP/1.1 <-> 2.0 gateways, and we don't want to force them to know about individual header semantics, that implies that we can't really change header encoding, doesn't it?

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/