Re: applicability to Proxy authentication, was: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-03.txt

On 27/01/2012 11:08 a.m., Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-01-25 22:58, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> I assume this is also not limited to WWW-Authenticate:. But applies
>> equally to Proxy-Authenticate?
>
> Tracked at
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-issues.html#issue.proxy>.
>
> As far as I can tell, the spec doesn't say anything about it. It could
> be used for P-A as well; do we need to clarify that somewhere? If yes,
> where precisely?

I was thinking just in the example you have WWW-Authenticate.  If you
add an example of Proxy-Authenticate next to it its clear that the
intention is for it to be wherever the Basic auth details are valid
without having to enumerate all cases or account for future uses.

AYJ