Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 02:04:51 +1300
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
CC: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On 27/01/2012 1:49 a.m., Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Provided that we can advertise a chunk. This is the point I'm trying to
> make. Until the current chunk is not complete, you cannot advertise a
> new one.

In our case, we always send complete chunks.  At the point where we
decide to send a chunk, we have some data, and we know its length, and
we have decided to send it.

So the signal it would always fall on the start of a new chunk, e.g. we
scan, determine the content to be malware, and so the next chunk sent
would be 0 and signal an abort due to malware.

A close would then be less ambiguous, since nothing explicit was
communicated, the client could then more reliably assume it was a
transient network error.

I can't really think of a requirement to abort part way through a
chunk.  Not in this scenario anyway.

If the intermediary is re-chunking then it can easily get around this issue.

Adrien