Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

In message <20120126103013.GC8887@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:
>On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 09:48:06AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>That doesn't change the fact that the recipients must decompress what
>they receive to understand what it talks about if the sender is using
>compression in a non-null mode.

If the client don't want compression, it can just refrain from initiating
a compressed session, and I'm prefectly happy giving servers a way to
announce their abilities.

>  - user agent : no need to compress it, just specify a new non-abusive format

Actually, it should go away, it is totally counter to the idea that
your content would depend on the other end.

if anything, replace it by a client-header that says something intelligent
about rendering abilities and area:

	Render: text, graphics=color, area=1024x768, javascript
	Render: text=color, javascript

>  - cookies : the largest ones are those handling an encrypted context so you
>    won't compress them

They're usually hexdumped, so I would compress them close to 50%.

>You can report information on chunk boundaries.

It would obivously have to be at chunk boundaries to remain in sync.