Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:55:46PM +1100, Mark Nottingham wrote:
(...)
> This mailing list is the best approximation of the HTTP community; it has
> participation (or at least presence) from most implementations, including
> browsers, servers, intermediaries, CDNs, libraries, tools, etc. I firmly
> believe that as HTTP evolves, it needs to accommodate the entire community,
> not just the selected needs of a subset, so rather than creating a new WG or
> having a private collaboration, it should happen here.

Indeed. And I'll be particularly vigilant on the ability to build gateways
because I've already got several requests to implement SPDY into haproxy,
so once HTTP/2.0 (or whatever we call it) is out, I'm sure I won't be able
to resist to users' pressure. Anyway I'm more than happy to see this move
forwards.

I think that starting from existing HTTP spec limitations and issues is
a safer way to bring something on the table in a reasonable delay than
starting with a big brainstorming about how we can revolutionize the
internet. One more reason to keep focused on current version's remaining
issues till the last minute ;-)

Cheers,
Willy