[p1-messaging] 2.7.1. http URI scheme - [ "?" query ]

From: Ray Polk <raypolk@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:32:47 -0700
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
The spec doesn't seem to speak suggested/valid combinations of verbs and
query parameters (please point me to the location if I've missed it).

I've seen efforts to constrain the use of query parameters to just GETs.
 Others suggesting not to use query parameters for PUT/POST ("those values
should be a part of the entity" I've read).  Is this merely a sort of
grassroots best practice?

Is such advice misguidance?

If such guidance is good, is it appropriate for the spec to suggest it?