Re: Performance implications of Bundling and Minification on HTTP/1.1

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 06:44:59 +0000
To: "Martin Nilsson" <nilsson@opera.com>
cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <op.wgdnclbjiw9drz@manganese.bredbandsbolaget.se>, "Martin Nilsson"
writes:

> or is "use HTTP/1.1 instead" an  acceptable fallback?

I think it would be an acceptable fallback, but I don't think it
would be a wise fallback.

First of all, it's not like we can prevent people from doing those
actions on HTTP/2.0 anyway, so whatever our feelings might be, people
will do what they have/want to do anyway.

Second, it would prevent us from ever getting rid of HTTP/1.x