Re: Performance implications of Bundling and Minification on HTTP/1.1

There are certainly valid reasons to interpose mitm. I've submitted an I-D
for explicit proxies. I'd be happy if we had this conversation in that
context.

Here, however we are talking about what exists today. I'm perfectly happy
to require the prisions to do zip and so marginally increase their costs if
it would increase the likelihood that many more users are ensured they can
benefit from it.

The sum total benefit is hopefully clearly higher when 1% of a population
does not affect the remaining 99%'s ability to use a feature.

-=R