RE: New Version Notification for draft-montenegro-httpbis-speed-mobility-02.txt

Thanks, Poul-Henning.

I'm a bit confused by your proposed tweak:

> 	Once created, all requests on a given stream MUST have the
> 	same "Host:" header.

Currently, we don't reuse streams, so the assumption is that a request creates one and a reply tears it down. Something good about that is that the lifecycle of a stream is well defined and the intermediaries or servers don't have to deal with  a constantly growing collection of stream ids (and associated data) with all the complexities of figuring out when to reclaim those resources.

But for now, a new request/response uses a new stream ID, so your reuse of the stream is as a flow identifier would not be supported. It would be interesting to think about possibilities here. For example, one could make the lifecycle very clear so that reuse of stream IDs would be doable. Your draft with Willy on network friendly HTTP 2.0 also has some ideas that could be useful here.