inv-maxage Cache-Control directive syntax, was: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-linked-cache-inv-00.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:12:02 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: httpbis Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2011-05-28 02:56, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> FYI. This is an individual draft, not a WG effort. Nevertheless, feedback welcome.
>
> Regards,

In
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-linked-cache-inv-02#section-5>,
it would be good to define the edge parsing edge cases, such as:

- multiple instances of the directive,

- missing argument,

- use of quoted-string.

I would propose to say that:

- the parameter value needs to follow the delta-seconds ABNF after
applying generic C-D parsing,

- that a missing argument is to be treated as empty string (thus
invalid), and

- that specifying multiple instances makes the Cache-Control header
invalid with respect to this directive (thus the header field should be
processed as if inv-maxage wasn't specified at all).

Optimally, including examples :-)

Best regards, Julian