RE: Status code for censorship?

So in the below scenario, would it be something like a visitor to some search engine, say Google, searches for a torrent, sees an indexed result, clicks the link and gets a 4xx (meaning censored link)? --MM

From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 11:12 AM
To: Musatov, Martin - CW
Cc: Julian Reschke; James M Snell; Mark Nottingham; Karl Dubost; ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Status code for censorship?

None. But when some ISP or search engine gets a court order saying "You are forbidden to link to {The Pirate Bay|Anonymous|whatever}, they have a strong incentive to be transparent about it. Now in some countries, the censors will also pass a law saying it's forbidden to disclose the censorship; but thankfully, not all. -T