Re: WGLC #348: Realms and scope

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:08:48 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 6 June 2012 10:37, David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com> wrote:
> My current test setup doesn't support the subdirectory case, but
> I think I'll expand it when I get a chance.  I also need to go back
> and review the RFCs to validate my memory.

I'd also like to see a test for other resources.  In your test, you
had previously visited the unauthenticated resources.  What about
resource /d?

It all comes down to the criteria used by browser to optimize the
sending of authentication information in requests.  It might use path
hierarchy, or something else.  In the end, it might be easier to ask,
or directly check.