Terminology: "credentials"

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:28:48 +0200
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2012-05-31 16:16, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> It's the term we currently use throughout.
>
> I said feel free to ignore me, not to feel free to give a
> non-answer:-)
>
> I can understand that it might take work to change, and
> that that might not be worthwhile. But if in fact its not
> the right term for some of those uses then it might be
> worth changing to avoid future confusion.
>
> Just saying "its that way now" isn't an answer to the
> question asked.

OK, I'll rephrase it: if you believe the term is misleading than we need
to discuss this *separately* from this issue, as we use the term
throughout the spec consistently.

My personal point of view is that the term is good enough and changing
out might cause confusion. That being said, I'm ready to be convinced
otherwise.

Best regards, Julian